My Strength

what do you like about this blog?

Saturday, February 16, 2013

INCOMPLETE MASTERPIECE




You are my most precious incomplete masterpiece
The painting I couldn’t perfect
The poem that contradicted itself in creation
The lost translation
The half-way lost logic of a scientific invention
The delicate flower I crushed in desperation

I would miss u when my cups smell of ginger
When on evenings I see surreal shadows of passersby on the walls
You are the promise I couldn’t keep

I would miss you when songs smell of a glorious past
When pigeons and sparrows wait at my windowsill for grains
When even the happiest gatherings lack luster for just one presence
You are a truth I couldn’t handle.

                                       --by Santhosh Kumar Kana
                                                  (feb.13th 2013)

No comments: